Greetings from online math tutoring,
This statement indicates, at least, that the term "straight line" refers to a kind of line. It is hard to tell what else it means, if anything. find more examples on math forum;Various commentators have interpreted in a variety of ways. The definition of plane surface in I.Def.7 uses a similar language that is equally opaque.
There are a some postulates that come a little later in Book I and give meaning to straight lines. I.Post.1 says that a straight line can be drawn between any two points, I.Post.2 says that a straight line can be extended, and the remaining postulates use the concept of straight line in one way or another. more help on math tutors online.
This statement indicates, at least, that the term "straight line" refers to a kind of line. It is hard to tell what else it means, if anything. find more examples on math forum;Various commentators have interpreted in a variety of ways. The definition of plane surface in I.Def.7 uses a similar language that is equally opaque.
There are a some postulates that come a little later in Book I and give meaning to straight lines. I.Post.1 says that a straight line can be drawn between any two points, I.Post.2 says that a straight line can be extended, and the remaining postulates use the concept of straight line in one way or another. more help on math tutors online.
No comments:
Post a Comment