Welcome to math tutors online,
While we're on the topic, there's another point that I think is
important to make, which concerns the popular idea that mathematics
should be made 'relevant' by showing how it can be used to solve 'real
world' problems.
If I take some silkworms and put them in a warm place with plenty of
mulberry leaves to eat and no predators to eat them, they'll make
silk. Now, I can take that silk and use it to make all kinds of
things - scarves, boxer shorts, surgical thread, parachutes, or
whatever - but the silkworms don't care about any of that. They make
silk because it's what they know how to do.
If you need more help in math go through math forum.
While we're on the topic, there's another point that I think is
important to make, which concerns the popular idea that mathematics
should be made 'relevant' by showing how it can be used to solve 'real
world' problems.
If I take some silkworms and put them in a warm place with plenty of
mulberry leaves to eat and no predators to eat them, they'll make
silk. Now, I can take that silk and use it to make all kinds of
things - scarves, boxer shorts, surgical thread, parachutes, or
whatever - but the silkworms don't care about any of that. They make
silk because it's what they know how to do.
If you need more help in math go through math forum.
No comments:
Post a Comment